If you have Norton 360 installed on your computer, it's possible your webcam is being blocked by the Safecam setting that is included in Norton’s security software. To ensure that your webcam is being permitted access by Norton, do the following:
For Windows users:
1. Open the Norton Application. Click on the Start button on the Taskbar and type “Norton” then click on the first search result to open.
2. Go to “Settings” -> “SafeCam” then open the “Access” Tab
3. If LockDown Browser is listed, ensure the access is set to “Allow.”
Note: LockDown Browser isn't automatically blocked access to the webcam by the Norton Safecam feature. Norton anti-virus only causes an issue with the webcam when LockDown Browser is intentionally specified to be blocked in the SafeCam settings.
4. After making the changes listed above, select “Apply” and restart your computer.
5. After the restart, launch LockDown Browser and try the webcam check to review the results.
Mac users: There is no “Safecam” feature on Mac that we are aware of.